- In “The Central Question: Can industry, ambition and development mix in Portland’s Central Eastside?” the Oregonian wrote about the changes the neighborhood is going through, with the Goat Blocks being of particular concern to industrial users in the area.
- Places over Time published an article titled “In Defense of Change,” a reaction to the anti-development rhetoric of the last year in Portland.
- The Portland Business Journal looked at what’s contained in the latest version of Portland’s West Quadrant Plan, with articles about Downtown and Goose Hollow.
- Also in the Portland Business Journal: the current Northwest Portland Cash & Carry will close in April and move to a larger unit. The site is due to be redeveloped by Mill Creek Residential Trust at 1420 Pearl.
- The Portland Chronicle published photos of the site at NE 28th and Glisan that’s set to redeveloped as a 4-story apartment building.
Every week, the Bureau of Development services publishes a list of early assistance applications, land use reviews and building permits. We publish the highlights.
SERA have requested early assistance on a project at 1133 SW Market St:
New 9-story market rate apartment building (approximately 100 units)
Lever Architecture have requested early assistance on a project at N Albina & N Blandena:
EA with infrastructure in Design Overlay Zone
G28 Investments LLC have requested early assistance on a project at 440 NE 28th Ave, the site of the recently demolished Lucky Inn:
New 4 story mixed use building. Ground floor retail with 3 floors of rental units
An apartment building is proposed at 1640 SE Tacoma St:
Construction for new four story apartment building over a concrete parking lot with retail space
GBD Architects have requested a Pre-Application Conference for a project on Block 294 of the Conway masterplan:
Pre-Application Conference to discuss a Type III Design Review for two new mixed-use buildings with approximately 370 new units including 600 underground vehicle parking spaces and 500 bike parking spaces on the Conway Master Plan site.
Emerick Architects have applied for a Historic Resource Review for improvements to the Overland Warehouse Company building at 205 NW 4th Ave:
Historic Resource Review for exterior improvements
A permit has been issued for the demolition of the vacant University Post Office at SW 6th & Market, which is now owned by St Mary’s Academy:
Demolish 2 story post office builidng, cap sewer, remove all debris no fill greater than 24″. Remove all foundations and debris. Cap utilities. Decommissioning inspection required. Scope of work does not include removal of trees.