Street level view of Park Avenue West
- There were no City Council or Design Commission hearings this week, due to the Christmas holiday.
- In “Closing Time” the Willamette Week wrote about the many Portland bars that will have closed by the end of 2014, including Magic Gardens, which closes on New Year’s Eve. The strip club occupied a space in the Overland Warehouse Company building, which is due to be converted into creative office space.
- An article by Brian Libby at Citylab asked whether Jordan Schnitzer can save Centennial Mills.
- The Portland Chronicle published photos of Spring Market at SE 31st and Hawthorne, which is slated to be redeveloped by VWR Development and TVA Architects as a mixed use building with apartments over retail.
- Another blog post at the Portland Chronicle contained photos of the Pearl garage set to be torn down for Vallaster Corl’s Couch9 project.
- In “Nerves of steel: Building the Park Avenue West Tower in Portland” the Oregonian published photos and wrote about the construction of the skyscraper set to be the third tallest building in the city.