The 4th & Harrison student housing project had its first Design Advice session this week
- The City Council heard evidence for and against the proposed demolition of the Buck Prager Building at 1727 NW Hoyt. The hearing will be continued on December 18th.
- The Design Commission offered Design Advice on the St Francis Park Apartments and the 4th & Harrison student housing. A Design Review hearing for Jefferson 14 was postponed until December 18th.
- In an article titled ‘Arcade Games Are Better III‘ Places over Time wrote about 419 Burnside.
- The Portland Business Journal reported that “some of the structures that comprise Centennial Mills could very well collapse into the Willamette River if they’re not torn down — and fast.”
- In an article about affordable housing in the North Macadam Urban Renewal Area, the Oregonian reported that the Portland Housing Bureau are planning a a mixed-use project to include affordable housing at SW Moody & River Parkway.
- The blog History Treasured & Sometimes Endangered wrote about an art installation at the Mariner’s Home Building on NW 3rd and NW Davis. The building is currently being converted into the Society Hotel.
- The Portland Chronicle published photos of the site at 4937 SE Division St set to be redeveloped as 134 apartment units, with SERA as its architect.
- The Portland Business Journal wrote about construction progress at the former Red Lion, currently being transformed into the Hotel Eastlund.
- The Daily Journal of Commerce reported that OHSU is close to signing contracts for two South Waterfront projects [subscription required]. According to the article, ZGF Architects have been chosen to design the Center for Health & Healing II and SRG Partnership have been chosen for the Schnitzer Campus Building III.