The Society Hotel will open this summer
- The Portland Business Journal reported that Jama Software, the anchor tenant for Melvin Mark’s 2&Taylor building, is ready to move in. The project is a redevelopment of the former Yamhill Marketplace.
- The demolition of the former University Station post office began. The site is owned by St Mary’s Academy, who plan on expanding their campus. Although still in the early stages of planning, the Oregonian reported on what might be housed in the expansion.
- The Society Hotel, a redevelopment of a long vacant building in Old Town, is set to open this summer. The Portland Business Journal had a look at the construction progress.
- The City Council was scheduled to vote on the rezoning for the MAC Block 7 apartments. The applicants have now decided to complete a City Center Parking Review before the City Council makes its final decision.
- The Waterline Apartments on NW Front Ave have begun pre-leasing.
- At Portland Architecture, Brian Libby expanded on his CityLab article about Centennial Mills, with more extracts from his conversation with Jordan Schnitzer. Meanwhile, the RFP process for selective demolition of the buildings in worst condition is ongoing.
- Chefstable plans to open The Loyal Legion, a beer hall with 99 Oregon beers on tap, in the former Portland Police Athletic Association building.